Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Darn shipping of heavy hCG Kit boxes!


Hi hCG'ers!

I want to reiterate about my shipping costs. I hate getting emails like the one below and I really want people to understand my position so I wanted to share this email with you. I even receive a business discount so I don't know what people are thinking it costs to offer 2 day shipping these days on something as heavy as these hCG Kits (they aren't light!). Here's the email from Anita below:



Hi Cara

I was so encouraged to order the 4 bottles of HCG after talking to your suppport person. I went online to order and discovered that on top of the $209 there was about $25.00 is taxes (why when GST is only 5%) and another $25.00 in shipping costs to Calgary (other companies offer free shipping, some even from the U.S.)

This has kind of put me off but would like to give you a chance to explain.
Thanks,
Anita



... here is my response:

Hi Anita
I hear you and totally understand your concern.
  • To ship a 4 oz kit to Alberta (97.2% of my business right now is in AB and BC because of word of mouth) it COSTS me $15.21 (to ship to BC costs even more than that!) - I charge $15
  • To ship a 6 oz kit to Alberta COSTS me $21.71 (I charge $20)
  • To ship a 8 oz kit to Alberta COSTS me $26.79 (I charge $25)
I am quoting the amounts on my shipment receipts from the last week and on all three hCG kits I am losing money on shipping... not to mention the cost of time packaging and delivering to the post office 15 minutes away twice a day and also the cost of the box and packaging (which adds up!). Oh ya - and driving to the USA every two weeks to pick up my shipments.


And regarding the taxes. In Ontario we charge manditory HST unfortunately. Because of that I have had to lower my kit retail prices to make up for this Ontario tax - which goes right into the government's pocket. If I didn't charge this I think I may go to jail for tax evasion.

If you look at the manufacturer's website - www.MYHCGPlus.com you will see that they (who MAKE it) charge a $30-$40 per kit more than I do - and they don't have shipping costs to get it to me and also duties and taxes. Not to mention that is US dollars and you will have duties, taxes and a different amount on your credit card - and you run the big risk of never getting your order because it gets confiscated at the border as so many of my friends' packages have before I started driving down and picking it up.

So in other words - this is a hobby, a labour of love, a passion, not a business.

It's not a money making venture or I would charge more - at least what the people that make it charge. I spend a lot of time on the telephone, email and text supporting our 2,185 (as of this morning) Canadian hCG clients with questions and have had to cut back on my money-making day job hours to accomodate and give same day answers to everyone. Unfortunately, as anyone that knows me can attest, I would love to do this for free but my time and help should be worth something - no?

My mark up is minimal for the top quality 60 drops a day (125 IU) dosing homeopathic drops that I offer. There are always cheaper drops that dose at 30 drops a day with cheaper shipping but my goal is to offer the BEST drops, which aren't always the cheapest. PLUS I offer a money back guarantee and out of 2,185 clients, not one person yet has taken me up on it. In other words - everyone has lost at least 15 lbs on the small 4 oz. kit.

Cheers!
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment